A Flower: Celebrating Spring
1. Draw different sizes of flowers on different colors of construction paper. Let the child cut them out and glue them together, with the smallest one on top, as shown in the picture.
2. Decorate the flowers with markers if the child prefers. (Mimi drew some dots and wrote her name on the flower.)
3. Draw leaves and cut them out. Help the child draw veins on the leaves.
4. Tape the flower and the leaves onto the stalk.
5. Make a ball with play dough. Stick the stalk into the ball and then slightly press the ball to form a flat bottom so that the flower can stand tall. (Mimi loved the "sticking" part.)